The person in this position will also use the circulation module of the University Library’s integrated library system to circulate material, create and maintain patron records, and create and maintain reserve lists. They will also create and maintain the reserves collection by contacting faculty on a regular basis, and coordinating with library staff as needed for ordering new materials and processing existing materials.
In January of 2017, the Tufts University Libraries will be transitioning to a new integrated library system. The person in this position will be significantly involved in this process. Their involvement will include, but not limited to, creation/transition of HHSL reserve module; creation/transition of loan rules for the HHSL collection; learning all relevant aspects of the ILMS; and training of library staff in the circulation system.
Responsibilities also include interpreting and applying library policies as appropriate, accurately referring users to appropriate staff members when needed for additional information, reference or technical questions. Staff uses Qualtrics to create and run surveys for the library, some on a daily basis. Additionally, this position will be on library and university committees as assigned, including the Library PR Team, backup on the University Library’s Circulation and Reserves Team. This position is in the sole full time staff member on Saturdays. Other duties as assigned.
• 1-3 years of related experience.
• B.S. or B.A.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and use of an automated integrated library system.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to interact and work with a diverse user group, outstanding customer service skills, excellent communication skills.
• Experience in an academic or special library environment with knowledge of Ex Libris preferred.
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated high level of good judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and related skills.
• Ability to be helpful and approachable.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently.
• Enthusiasm and initiative, and the ability to prioritize diverse responsibilities and meet deadlines.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to meet and exceed customer needs and expectations.
• Please include cover letter and resume with application.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Monday, Tuesday (or Wednesday), Thursday, Friday 7:30 - 3:30, Saturday 10 – 6.