Want to use a video for an assignment or to “flip your class”? You can link to our licensed videos in your syllabi and presentations. For more information on these resources, please see your liaison librarian
or these pages.
- How to Create Full-Text Links
- Ask Us: for assistance with finding and linking to just what you need.
McGraw-Hill provides videos of surgical and other procedures on this platform.
- Browse them by category or system from its Watch menu (on the right of its main page) or its Multimedia menu.
- Search them by keyword on its Advanced Search, by selecting Multimedia then the Video radio button.
Elsevier’s Procedures Consult provides a growing collection of records that describe diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, demonstrate how to properly perform them, and provide ICD codes, clinical pearls, and other information. Its multimedia collection contains some additional videos.
- To browse alphabetically its procedural videos, select Procedures Consult in the More menu under the main search box.
- To search videos by keywords or phrases
- enter them in the search box
- select under All Types:
- Multimedia, then click X Images to eliminate those records
- Procedures for Procedures Consult records.
JOVE: Journal of Visualized Experiments
This journal provides video-based visualization of biological techniques, protocols, and procedures in lectures, which are treated as articles and indexed by Medline.
- Browse its sections including:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Developmental Biology
- Immunology and Infection
- Watch a streaming version or download a PDF of the article.
- Search PubMed or Ovid Medline, AND your results with Journal of Visualized Experiments: JOVE, and link to an article via its icon or FindIt@Tufts.
This vast database of works held or licensed by the Tufts Libraries and be searched and filtered for videos.
- Search the contents of such collection as
- Filter a keyword search for Streaming Video or Video Recording under Content Type> More on its navigation column.
- Click Permalink to capture a proxied URL for a particular video.
New England Journal of Medicine
Its online series of fundamental procedures can be found in Medline with Videos in Clinical Medicine in the “article” title.
Browse its pages (containing descriptions with the streaming video) in various orders under Articles & Multimedia on its homepage’s horizontal bar.