- Before using Loansome Doc with the Hirsh Health Sciences Library
- Complete our Loansome Doc Registration Form.
- We will confirm receipt of your service agreement by email and supply our LIBID and authorization code, which PubMed requires on its registration form.
- Once registered with us
- Search PubMed.
- Select articles by checking off the box(es) by the citation(s).
- Choose Order from the Send to dropdown menu (upper right of screen).
- When PubMed presents its Loansome Doc Ordering box
- Click Sign Up!
- Complete the registration form
- Intro - click on skip this step since you have already received our LIBID via email notification.
- Enter Library Identifier - Enter our LIBID where prompted, then click continue.
- Contact Lib. - Enter the authorization code we provided you, then enter our LIBID again, turn the radio button on for the category that best describes you, and click continue.
- Terms - review the terms listed. If you agree, check off the box at the bottom of the screen and then click accept.
- My Info
- Create Login - create a password of your choosing.
- My Info - enter your information.
- Ordering Preferences - choose E-mail (PDF) as the Delivery Method. Set the Max Cost per Article no lower than $4 for Tufts-affiliated individuals and no lower than $15 for non-Tufts users.
- Verify - edit any fields that require changes and then click Complete Registration.
- Place Order
- Click Proceed to Delivery Options.
- Enter order details, read the copyright compliance documentation, check off the box to indicate this, and then click Continue.
- Click Send Order.
- For subsequent orders
- Follow Step 2 (above).
- Enter your email address and password.
- Follow Step 5 (above).
- Requests may be canceled prior to processing without incurring charges. Once articles have been scanned or sent from other libraries, charges will apply.
- We send invoices monthly.
- Invoices can be paid via credit card, Tufts Dept ID, or a check drawn from a US bank.
- We charge the following rates:
|Patron||Per article||Article over 50 pages|
|Tufts / Tufts Medical Center Faculty & Staff||$4||$8|
|Other Registered Users||$15||
Please call if you have any questions about:
- Registration & searching: Library Service Desk 617.636.6705
- Processing & billing: Document Delivery 617.636.3787
- You may also contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions
Under certain conditions specified in the copyright law of the United States (U.S. Code, Title 17), libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later users, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.