For individuals, non-profit organizations and for-profit organizations with no Tufts University affiliation.
What You Get
- On-site use of most electronic resources, including full-text journals. Due to license restrictions, some resources such as Lexis-Nexis Academic are not available to associates.
- On-site use of the print journal, reference and reserve collections.
- Borrowing privileges:
- Borrow a maximum of five items at one time from the circulating book collection of the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
- Items circulate for 14 days and can be renewed twice if there are no outstanding requests.
- Items must be returned immediately if recalled for class reserve.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended when items are overdue, and if bills are sent for unreturned, lost or damaged materials, until all charges are resolved.
- A JumboCash card valued at $10 is included in your associate member package. JumboCash cards are used for printing. Please note that associate members are responsible for their own compliance with applicable copyright laws.
How to Apply
- To apply for Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library privileges you must complete the associate member registration form
- Privileges are granted after payment of the registration fee clears.
- A registration card will be mailed to you, and you should present it along with a photo ID to use any library resources or services. Privileges and cards are non-transferable.
What It Costs
- Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library offers associate membership programs for individuals, non-profit and for-profit organizations at the following rates:
- $2500 per year ($1500 for 6 months) for individuals and for-profit organizations.
- $1000 per year ($500 for 6 months) for non-profit organizations (proof of status is required).
- Fees should be paid by credit card or check/money order made out to the Trustees of Tufts College and mailed to:
Tufts University Hirsh Health Sciences Library
Arthur M. Sackler Center for Medical Education
145 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111
- Please note that associate members are responsible for their own compliance with applicable copyright laws.