For individuals, non-profit organizations and for-profit organizations with no Tufts University affiliation.
What You Get
- On-site use of most electronic resources, including full-text journals. Due to license restrictions, some resources such as Lexis-Nexis Academic are not available to associates.
- On-site use of the print journal, reference and reserve collections.
- Borrowing privileges:
- Borrow a maximum of five items at one time from the circulating book collection of the Hirsh Health Sciences Library.
- Items circulate for 14 days and can be renewed twice if there are no outstanding requests.
- Items must be returned immediately if recalled for class reserve.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended when items are overdue, and if bills are sent for unreturned, lost or damaged materials, until all charges are resolved.
- A JumboCash card valued at $10 is included in your associate member package. JumboCash cards are used for both photocopying and printing. Please note that associate members are responsible for their own compliance with applicable copyright laws.
How to Apply
- To apply for Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library privileges you must complete the
- Privileges are granted after payment of the registration fee clears.
- A registration card will be mailed to you, and you should present it along with a photo ID to use any library resources or services. Privileges and cards are non-transferable.
What It Costs
- Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library offers associate membership programs for individuals, non-profit and for-profit organizations at the following rates:
- $2500 per year ($1500 for 6 months) for individuals and for-profit organizations.
- $1000 per year ($500 for 6 months) for non-profit organizations (proof of status is required).
- Fees should be paid by credit card or check/money order made out to the Trustees of Tufts College and mailed to:
Tufts University Hirsh Health Sciences Library
Arthur M. Sackler Center for Medical Education
145 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111
- Please note that associate members are responsible for their own compliance with applicable copyright laws.