- users not currently employed or enrolled at Tufts University of Tufts Medical Center
- for example, Tufts alumni or companies/libraries that do not use OCLC or DOCLINE
All others should see Interlibrary Loan for information about other services offered.
Number of Requests
- ten requests maximum processed per user per day
- allow five to ten business days for items through normal processing
- articles are usually available within five business days
- one-day rush service, for an additional fee, is available for non-returnable items only, such as journal articles or book chapters, which are sent electronically
- three-business-day rush service, for an additional fee, is available for both electronically delivered documents, as well as textbooks, theses, and other items that must be shipped
- users are notified by email when items are available
- articles and chapter excerpts are sent electronically as pdf attachments
- all other items are shipped to the user (charges apply).
- typically, items that must be returned, such as books, theses, and audiovisual materials are checked out for 28 days
- renewals are made on a case by case basis
- call 617.636.3787 to renew materials
- articles and book excerpts are sent electronically and do not need to be returned. Please return all other items to the Library Service Desk on the 4th floor of the Sackler building or mail, by the due date, to:
Hirsh Health Sciences Library/ILL
37 Tyler Street
Boston, MA 02111
In the event items are not returned, accounts will be temporarily blocked until overdue items are returned or replacement fees are paid. When accounts are blocked, users are not able to request additional items.
|Items from HHSL|
- charges doubled if over 50 pages must be scanned
- for all items that must be mailed, we can either bill to a recipient's account with a shipping carrier (e.g., UPS, FedEX) or we will include a $25 flat fee covering domestic shipping
- invoices are sent out quarterly following the request completion. They can be paid via credit card or (US) check made out to "Trustees of Tufts College" and mailed to:
Interlibrary Loan Department
Tufts University Hirsh Health Sciences Library
145 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02111
Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions
Under certain conditions specified in the copyright law of the United States (U.S. Code, Title 17), libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later users, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.